Fire Log: Leaving The Damper Door Closed

ref : http://belmont.patch.com/articles/fire-log-leaving-the-damper-door-closed

Gas on School Street
Feb. 2 – At 1:03 a.m., Engine 1, Rescue 1, and other units were dispatched to a School Street two family to investigate a CO detector activation. Engine 1 reported CO readings of 40 parts per million (ppm) in the basement and low levels on the first floor. Rescue 1 reported readings of 8-15 ppm on the second floor. The commander at the scene requested the gas company to the scene. Both burner units were shut down and red tagged and companies ventilated. Engine 1 discovered that the vent ducts to each burner unit were partially blocked by snow. Gas company arrived on scene and readings returned to normal after several minutes of ventilation. Homeowner advised of the red tag process and to have his burner units checked by a qualified service technician. The homeowner was also advised to clear the snow from around his vent and basement door.
Boiler overflow
Feb. 2 – At 8:50 a.m., units were dispatched to an Upland Road where the tenant on the first floor left the water fill for the boiler open. There was an oil burner technician on scene when companies arrived.
Leaking icy water
Feb. 2 – At 12:32 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a Betts Road dwelling where it was discovered that the resident had water leak through the ceiling of first floor rear addition due to ice build-up.
24 inches of snow on the carport
Feb. 2 – At 1:42 p.m., units were dispatched to another Betts Road house to investigate the structural integrity of a carport roof. The roof had approximately 24" of snow and ice on it but did not show any signs of structural damage. The homeowner was advised to have the snow and ice removed to prevent any damage.
Checking leak, finds burner on and unattended
Feb. 2 – At 6:20 p.m., fire equipment was dispatched to a Beech Street multifamily dwelling. The incident was determined to be a water problem. A pipe to a water filtration system under the sink of the third floor unit had broken. Entry into the house was gained to the third floor unit by forcing a window on the third floor porch, damaging the window lock and the window. The third floor tenant had also left a burner to the stove on, and this burner was shut off. Water had leaked through the third floor to the second floor, the first floor and the basement. All of the affected electrical fixtures were shut down. The wire inspector responded and notified people in all three units to contact an electrician. The water also ran through the fire alarm panel showing a ground fault. The fire alarm system was red tagged. A member of the condo association was notified to have the alarm company repair the system.
Still standing on Rutledge
Feb. 4 – At 6:42 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to a Rutledge Road house. A caller reported to dispatchers a possible structure collapse at this location with an occupant inside. Firefighters found the structure to be sound and the occupant OK.
Faulty burners
Feb. 4 – At 7:55 p.m., fire units were dispatched to a Leslie Road dwelling for a gas leak inside the house. On arrival, Engine 1 investigated and found levels of 10-40 ppm throughout dwelling. Gas systems were shut down and dwelling was ventilated. National Grid was notified and responded. The first floor heating unit was found to be the source of CO in the dwelling. The unit was red tagged and the gas supply shut off. The homeowner was told to notify a technician for service.
Dampers need to be opened
Feb. 4 – At 9:26 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to Fitzmaurice Circle for smoke inside the house. It was discovered that the source of the smoke came from a fire in the fireplace in which the damper door was closed, filling the dwelling with smoke and setting off the fire alarm system.
Ice backup
Feb. 5 – At 4:12 p.m., units were dispatched to a Davis Street multifamily for a reported water problem. On arrival, personnel investigated and found water seeping into the second floor ceiling due to snow and ice piled on a flat roof. No structural damage was noticed. The occupant stated the landlord was aware of situation and arranging to fix the problem. Occupant was advised to stay out of the room until the ceiling and water leak fixed.
Water in alarm
Feb. 5 – At 7:27 p.m., fire units were dispatched to a Greensbrook Way house for an activated alarm. The incident was determined to be an alarm system ‘s alarm going off due to a malfunction: water was dripping into a smoke detector due to an ice dam problem on the roof.
Inside ashes leads to outside fire
Feb. 5 – At 8:15 p.m., Engine 2 and other units from the Belmont Fire Department were dispatched to an Amherst Road house to investigate a reported outside fire. The homeowner on the scene reports taking ash from his fireplace after burning a fire and placing it outside and away from his home. Engine 2 extinguished any remaining fire and the incident was determined to be a special outside fire.

Sherex Fire-Proof Material Co : Joint Billion Fire Door 防火門

防火門 | Fire Door

防火門及窗產品 | 防火產品 | 防火五金產品 | 產品認證

1 comment:

  1. OIL & GAS PLANT ENGINEERS (I) PVT. LTD. - Manufacturer and exporter of gas leak detector, LPG pumps compressor, LPG storage systems, propane storage systems, LPG bottling plants, ALDS systems, synthetic natural gas systems, pressure reduction skids, pressure metering skids, gas leak detection systems, India.

    gas leak detection system